Monday, November 23, 2009

making cards










Today I tackled a little chore that has been on my "to do" list for a while now: making greeting cards. I used to do this a lot in the past and have somehow fallen out of the routine or habit. I got Jean-Marc to print out some of his photos in a small format and then I cut them out and glued them to some paper. Not exactly super creative on my part, but at least it is something personal from both of us. All this cutting and pasting has me realizing how much I enjoy this kind of manual work. When I was a design assistant I quite often made spec boards, which showed all the chosen materials, paint colours, finishes and hardware on one board. I had a lot of fun putting those together and I even got extra work from other designers doing the same thing. As for my cards today, some of them are already destined for specific people and others are just waiting for an occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment