Saturday, December 12, 2009

interview time

After being here for six weeks, I am finally heading into a couple of interviews. Getting an interview seems like a success in itself and I am encouraged by it, especially after receiving so many rejection letters. This is all part of the process and somehow I am managing to not get too emotionally attached to any one possibility. Perhaps this is because of the disappointments I had earlier this year, when I was offered jobs, got all excited, and then was let down when the work permit didn't come through. Allowing myself to get excited and to dream about the reality of the job made the disappointment that much greater. Keeping a calm head about the implications of each job is another thing; sometimes it takes constant reminding to not worry about the future and just concentrate on the present moment and the current task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment