Saturday, November 28, 2009

rainy saturday

It was a typical November day today; the kind of rainy day when you don't really feel like heading outside. Luckily for me, I had already signed up for a morning yoga class, so I had an excuse to get out of the house (otherwise I'm sure I could've easily spent the day in my pyjamas!). After yoga, Jean-Marc and I checked out the Saturday morning market and stocked up on lots of fruit and veggies. The selection and prices at the market are a million times better than at the supermarket and I was able to find things, like cilantro and jalapeno peppers, that I was starting to lose hope on finding. After the market, we went out for a little lunch on our tickets restaurant, which are like gift certificates, given by employers as a perk, that can be used to pay for meals in a restaurant or for anything 'fresh' in the grocery store (fruit, veg, butter, cheese, meat, bread etc.). We then made a little trip to the organic store for more pantry items and headed back in the rain to our cozy apartment. As soon we got back I felt like baking something, both to warm up the apartment and to have something tasty on hand for the week. We still had a pumpkin from Jean-Marc's dad's garden, so I thought I'd make some muffins that I had seen in a book. Yum! I will include the the recipe separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment